As of version 1.9, GA Pro officially supports the new Google Analytics 4 tracking method. This quick tutorial explains how to set it up.
Enable Google Analytics 4
To enable tracking with GA 4, First follow the Quick Start Guide to install and activate GA Pro. Once the plugin is active, follow these steps:
- Follow this guide to create a GA 4 account (if you don’t already have one).
- During account creation, you’ll get a tracking (measurement) ID.
- Add your tracking ID to GA Pro “Configure” tab ▸ “GA Tracking ID”.
- Select “Global Site Tag” for the plugin setting, “Tracking Method”.
Save changes and done. Wait 24-48 hours before viewing collected data in your GA account.
Get your Measurement ID
Here are the basic steps (at the time of this writing) to get your Measurement ID (i.e., Tracking ID):
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- Go to your Google Analytics 4 property (or create a new property if needed)
- Click “Data Streams”
- Click the Data Stream that you created when you set up Google Analytics 4
- In the upper-right of the Data Streams panel, copy the “Measurement ID” (including the
Note that these steps are subject to change, as Google likes to change things constantly. For current steps, check the Google Docs.