Enable Google Analytics 4
To enable tracking with GA 4, First follow the Quick Start Guide to install and activate GA Pro. Once the plugin is active, follow these steps:
- Follow this Google Doc to create a GA 4 account 1
- During account creation, you’ll get a Tracking (Measurement) ID
- Add your new tracking ID to the plugin setting, “GA Tracking ID”
- Select “Global Site Tag” for the plugin setting, “Global Site Tag”
Save changes and done. Wait 24-48 hours before viewing collected data in your GA account.
Get your Measurement ID
1 Here are the basic steps (at the time of this writing) to get your Measurement ID (i.e., Tracking ID):
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- Go to your Google Analytics 4 property (or create a new property if needed)
- Click “Data Streams”
- Click the Data Stream that you created when you set up Google Analytics 4
- In the upper-right of the Data Streams panel, copy the “Measurement ID” (including the
Note that these steps are subject to change, as Google likes to change things constantly. For current steps, check the Google Docs.